Community is created when we come together bringing honesty, respect, and kindness to support an awakening of the sacred
About The Yoga Shed Richmond
The Yoga Shed Richmond was formed in May 2012 by a group of enthusiastic and committed locals passionate about yoga and its benefits.
To create a yoga centre and community for students and teachers in the Hawkesbury, making yoga accessible to all people in the community and advancing the learning and teaching of yoga.
The Yoga Shed Richmond is devoted to developing health, personal growth and inner peace through yoga and other healing modalities. Our mission is to help people find purpose and meaning in their lives by tapping into their own inner wisdom through the mechanism of yoga and other related modalities. We believe that community is created when we come together bringing honesty, respect, and kindness to support an awakening of the sacred. The Yoga Shed Richmond does this by creating and maintaining a space dedicated to this purpose.
- All operations are environmentally conscious
- Profits are channelled into support of the vision
- Use of the centre is non discriminatory on the grounds of race, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender, gender identity and/or sexual orientation
- The centre supports other healing practitioners
- Drop in classes for students
- Venue hire for yoga teachers and other healing practitioners
Venue hire rates:
1 hour = $25, 2 hours = $35, 3 hours = $45
About Yoga and its benefits
Yoga promotes general good health. Some of the benefits are:
- Provides energy and stamina
- Increases strength and flexibility
- Enhances lung capacity and breath control
- Improves circulation and digestion
- Promotes flexibility in the spine, joints and neck
- Fosters greater clarity, concentration, creativity
- Enhances alertness throughout the day
- Creates mindful present awareness
- Promotes greater emotional balance and calm
- Eases depression, lethargy and lack of motivation
- Enhances positive attitude
One of the best things about yoga as a form of exercise is that it is not competitive and postures can be modified to suit everyone’s ability. An injury, physical limitation or condition can usually be catered for and should be discussed with the yoga teacher before the class.
Remember yoga is not about tying yourself in knots. It does not matter what you can or can’t do, there is no minimum age or skill level required. Yoga is beneficial to children and adults. Yoga is about understanding and working with your own body. All that matters is that you are committed to improving your health.